what do you thinjk of buying electronics off of craigs list?

like a compuiter need one for school

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• I'd be afraid it was a scam. There are a lot of them on Craigslist. I'd rather go through eBay (if you're looking for a deal) or go to an electronics store (your best bet for quality).
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• As with buying anything second hand there is always a risk. Craigslist can be just a good of a place to find one as anywhere else, you just have to use your common sense and don't fall for anything stupid. Oh, and always meet in a public place, but again, thats just common sense.
    P.S. whenever buying something that plugs in, make sure you plug it in to make sure it works before buying it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I dont see a problem with it. It will be older and a little slower then what is out now but when you talk to the person you are buying it from just ask if they have ANY problems with it such as a curent virus or a disk drive that is not working. This way you dont spend the money to get it to find out that it dosnt work properly.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i dont thinkk you should buy it off the internet, because they might have some stuff wrong with it,or it dont work. i say just go get one from rent a center. its all new and you dont have to pay full right away. they let you pay in payments
    dement

Answer by dement at 3:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't buy that off of CL - you'd want at least a year warranty backing from a major retailer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband bought my Mac Mini off of Craigslist and the seller turned out to be his coworker. His buddy was like, why are you contacting me about my computer? LOL.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010