iam confused between 2 majors,,,social worker and phsycology.which one is better,and which is more easier.thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not sure which is "more easier". Psychologists make a higher salary. Social workers are often overworked and underpaid and many states require different exams, licensure and credits that are not transferable between states.
    My husband is the executive director of the national assoc. of social workers in SC.
    BakingMom74

Answer by BakingMom74 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It is my understanding that to get a real benefit from a degree in phychology you will need to pursue post-graduate studies. I have one friend who got a bachelor's degree in phychology, and she is actually doing social work and making considerably less money than another friend who got a degree in social work and also works in that field.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm assuming you are just getting started, in which case you should be able to take some basic courses required for both majors while you decide which route is best for you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Obviously English would be a bad fit. How about majoring in Business? That's barely even learning.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Either way you want to get our masters. My sister has a BA in social work, she works in a hospital. They only hire people with a masters now. I have a BA in psych. I actually work in a bank. I would have to get my masters to do anything with it. But I don't think one or the other is harder. The question you should be asking yourself is what you want to do with your life. That answer should direct your decision the most.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd say psycology, social workers are way overworked and way underpaid, but if you can feel fulfilled doing something that might make a differance in a childs life, then you may not mind the workload or underpayment
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• being a social worker you see a lot of messed up things and it takes its toll you feel like you have to save everyone but you have to realize that you cant its so hard some of the things you will see will haunt you forever. but it is also very rewarding when you get to see the ones you did save! i say if you think you can handle it then go for it other wise go for psychology.
    kayleelove521

Answer by kayleelove521 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010