Do your kids have life insurance?

I've heard some people freak out when they hear you have life insurance on your kids...like they think you're going to kill them for the money or something. I have life insurance on my kids! I know IF something bad ever happened (car accident or what-not) we'd never be able to afford a proper burial or funeral.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• No. I don't have life insurance because I can't afford it and also I would be really pissed if something happened and I was blamed for it. I've thought about getting it and making my mom the beni. But I can totally understand why you have it and your right anything can happen. My sister-in-law lost her daughter when she was 3 she was hit by a car while crossing the street with 7 other people 6 people got hit 4 of which were my sis- in- laws kids and she couldn't afford to bury her daughter, her mom had to take out loans to have services.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 11:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• No-we don't have life insurance for our kids...we can barely afford the regular insurance for them...If we had the extra money, I'm still not sure if we'd get it.
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 12:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I'm going to note that we don't have extra money either. We use a part of our tax refund to pay the whole year off so we don't have to worry about it month to month. It's only $60 a kid for $15,000.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Both my kids had policies from birth through adulthood, that transferred to them when they hit 18. It is a wise decision to have it. Anyone know what a funeral cost's these days? Pleanty more than you think. None of us knows what will happen in a day a week or a year. and If it will transfer to them at 18 then they learn the value of having insurance. Better safe than sorry I say.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• no, just because of the money thing.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• We do have insurance on our kids too. Hubby has great benefits at work and this is one of them. It costs us 50 cents a month to insure each child for 10,000. We also have another life insurance policy through a separate company that has the kids on it too, but for a minimal amount since the work one is already pretty good.
    my4pumpkins

Answer by my4pumpkins at 9:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2008