What would you do?

what would you do if you found out that your child was switch at brth?

dement

Asked by dement at 3:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wow I thought I had thought about everything! I would want to know who my child is but I also know that I would love the one I have. Very hard question, but a good one.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd want my real child back but still maintain a relationship with the one I took home

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• With all of the precautions the hospitals are taking right now, is it even possible in reality not on TV? When I gave birth to my son they put a bracelet on me, my hubby, and on our son. Every time they came in, they checked the numbers to make sure that they matched. My mom couldn't even walk outside of the Labor and Delivery room with my soon even though she had my permission. I think that if somehow it happened, I would be very, very, very unhappy and sue the hospital for it.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 3:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my children are 15, 13, and 9... they ARE my children... bio or not.
    I would hope and pray that the bio child was in a good home.... and they would instantly be family.
    We would try to develope a VERY VERY close relationship.

If the child was in a bad place I would to to the ends of the earth to have the child live with me.... but if that child (my bio child) was bonded like my children are... it would be crewl to do anything other than love the child from this home while he/she lived there.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Hmmm, I have never really thought about this one, haha. I don't even know where I would begin..
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 4:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd sue the hospital. Did you get this idea from "Desperate HOusewives?" When I saw that I wanted to cry. I mean you'd want to know your biological child but you still love the one you have. Very hard situation. Hope it never happens to anyone now a days. I'm sure it has though.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was watching desperate housewives and after I saw that happen I dont know what I would do, I would want to keep the child I raised but I would want my child back and obviously thats highly unlikely to happen
    Tuesday503

Answer by Tuesday503 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• ooh my god that is a very hard question...dnt know were to start
    chikitac10

Answer by chikitac10 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm attached to the kid in my arms right now.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I would have to find out who my child was but be very connected to the one I raised. Bjojola was right! This is a hard question and I'm glad it hasn't happened to me.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010