Herbology and tea question....

OK my grandma is dealing with kidney problems and the meds are just making it worse, I am trying to find teas and herbal remedies that help with the kidneys, digestive system and throwing/diarrhea. All suggestion are appreciated.. I am asking here because I think certain religious groups may be able to offer more suggestions. Thank you.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Rooibos tea is really good for all sorts of ailments. For bladder problems I have alternated raspberry leaf tea and cranberry juice. Of course I LOVE apple cider vinegar for all sorts of tummy problems. I put in a couple of teaspoons in about a half cup of water and drink it down. I love Braggs ACV.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Cranberry juice cleanses the kidneys .... Dandelion and Nettles are also good for cleansing and healing, although get a tincture, not a tea. A tincture is higher in potency than a tea.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What kind of kidney problems is she having? What medications is she on? Full listing is needed of ever thing. Different herbs could exacerbate the problem and even interact dangerously with her medications. If I suggest anything it is for informational purpose only. I am not a medical doctor nor do I seek to treat any particular medical condition. Please do your own research as to the wiseness of any herbal recipe and product.

Feel free to PM me.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• This is a recipe that you put in the corners of the room that she is in such as the bedroom.
    Herbs needed:
    1/2 cup Lavender
    1 tablespoon spearmint
    2 tablespoons bay leafs
    Oils needed:
    6 Drops frankincense oil
    2 drops apple cider (apple blossom oil can be used instead)
    Grind all of this together to make a powder.

I will look and see if i have any healing teas and get back to you if i find anything. I wish the best for your family and hope all gets better soon.
    Anonymous

• "Whats a tincture? "

from what my illustrated encyclopedia of herbs book says a tincture is prepared by prolonged steeping of a fresh or dried herb in a solvent, which is usually alcohol or alcohol and water. theres alot more the book says about tinctures i can PM you more about it if you want me too.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 5:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Whats a tincture?
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would APPRECIATE that flower. If you have the time to spare thanks.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thanks pnwmom
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010