Did you get a tattoo representing your significant other?

I've always heard many people say it's bad luck. I've heard you should never get their name etc. What do you feel about symbols representing each other? When is an appropriate time of being with someone to get a tattoo of each other? Is it ever?

LasciviousVamp

Asked by LasciviousVamp at 4:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've thought a lot about getting my husbands astrological sign. We have been together almost 10 years and I don't see us ever getting a divorce. If for some reason we did go seperate ways, he has still been a huge part of my life, and a wonderful influence.
    A friend of mine got her husbands chineese astrological animal. He's a dragon, so it looks really badass. :)
    I feel like getting names is like tempting fate, and maybe a sybol is too, but if you like the symbol, I say go for it! I am getting one for my son also.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The only person represented on my body is my kid all of my other tattoos represent different times in my life and things I'd like to remember.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I did and have divorce papers to go with it... good thing it is only a flower...

The only other people I'd get tats for are my kids and my parents.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No! I would never,I was married to my 1st husband [my only biological child's] father for 12, almost 13 years before our divorce.I thought I would be married to him forever, until I found out he had a few girlfriends on the side.He married one while we were still married [not legal!] I am married to a wonderful man,{for15 years now} and I have 2 tattos and I still don't think I would get one with his name, maybe a sybol to represent him,but I would have to Love it to put it on my body.
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 5:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• never
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010