Obama on Nickelodeon?

I'm appalled. I just saw an ad on Nickelodeon for "Kids pick the president" with Barack Obama telling kids to encourage their parents to vote. I think this is totally inappropriate... just another example of biased media. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• he's probably on because he won the kid's election!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Actually...if you go to the Nickelodeon site, they have stuff on BOTH candidates, NOT JUST OBAMA.

There's probably McCain ads floating around on Nick too, you probably just didn't watch it long enough for it to come on.

That being said...
    Yeah, it is a little ridiculous that they're getting kids this involved in the election. If you visited the forums on Nick.com...those little kids are just as vicious as we are on here! "Obama sucks! McCain sucks! Go Biden! Go Palin! My mommy is better than your mommy because she's voting for So-And-So! BLAH BLAH BLAH!" It's horrible, the youth of America is just as divided as we are :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I bet there is a McCain ad....it's probably on at 2 am ! lol
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They had a kid's pick the president election just for kids. Obama won.
    bestmomIcanbe

Answer by bestmomIcanbe at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ACUTALLY I THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. KIDS ARE VERY SMART. SMARTER THAN WHAT WE GIVE THEM CREADIT FOR. AND THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR THEM. THEY NO SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF VOTING. WHATS SO WRONG WITH THAT.
    marie0430815

Answer by marie0430815 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They do that with the kids for every election and then see how close they come to picking the next president. I seen it, an it is no big deal and I doubt if either of the candidates told the kids to tell their parents not to vote. They are trying to show kids it is a good thing, and making them feel good to get involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• OP here.... I'm not a Obama-hater and that is the only ad I saw. I should have figured there are McCain ads, too. Either way, I think it's inappropriate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They have been doing the kids vote thing for a long time. I have seen both of them on there. Not just Obama. I don't see anything inappropriote about trying to get kids involved early on the election process. I think it's a great idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008