Homeroom mom

Okay so I am a homeroom mom and PTA board member.
My brain is fried and I can not think of anything that would be fun and cool to 1st graders of what to do for their classroom party for their Halloween? Kindergarten was easy. Now they just know it all..LOL
We will do a game or 2 and a craft but I am looking for something different.
Does anyone have any good ideas?

MegzW

Asked by MegzW at 4:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• freeze dance musical chairs. and i have one really intreasting one my son did it in second grade. they played spin the bottle and who ever the bottle pointed to they has to put there hands in a bowl with fake guts or prises depending if they answered the trivia question right or wrong.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• supermommy-- that is funny! I am surprised no parents got their panties in a wad over "spin the bottle" .... tryin' to teach em' young! ;-P lol jk

i think anything you do will be fun. they are going to enjoy not doing the usual class work! Its usually a bridal shower game but ..... split the room up into groups. give them a roll of toilet paper & tell them to create a costume out of it!

Im just glad to see a school doing halloween!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• what about alphabet games like have a paper with all the letters of the alphabet and they have to think of words about halloween that start with that letter. (ie: P is for Pumpkin, G is for Ghost, Q is for Queen costume). Whoever gets the most wins.

Or a halloween scavenger hunt with math facts? put clues around the room with numbers on them and when they solve the first problem it takes them to the next one... if they do it in the right order then they win a prize (like a halloween themed pencil). I would do teams for this one.

Maybe have them decorate paper plate masks and have a parade. There's also fun crafts at hobby stores like Michaels.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 5:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010