PLEASE HELP.... I NEED AN OPEN MIND!

Im wanting to early vote for pesident but I still dont know who to vote for. Can someone please give me some good/bad reasons to vote or not vote for either president. Im a stay at home mom and I stay pretty bussy so I havent had allot of time to look into all of this. I have watched a few of there debates on tv but it wasnt enough for me to choose one or the other. I need someone who is not going to side with one or the ohter but just tell me with an opened mind the good and bad about each one. I like things black and white so just tell me the truth please. Thank you!

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• This is a personal matter, only you can decide. Go to Obama and McCains web sites and read what they have posted.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you don't know, then don't vote just to vote. I am not voting because I don't beleive in any of the candidate choices. They all have made the same promises but in different words. Regardless of who wins, not one of them will keep their promises due to the mess America is in and in a year from now, everyone will be screaming what a loser America picked for President.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well I wouldn't cast your vote early there is a lot that can happen in 8 days and it's not like you are going to save time by doing it look at all of the lines. Even though I have no intention of voting for Obama, for various reason, I want to know how he really thinks since he has no track record of being able to change the issues he feels so strongly about in his Senate career, you would've thought he could've gotten some progress on these issues he proudly stammers about. You should watch all of the news stations as CNN is very Obama oriented and FOX is very McCain oriented. Either way it's important to know what issues these candidates are campaigning on so you are informed in 4 years.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 10:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Your lucky you haven't been into it to much with all the mud-slinging. I have had to take and extra shower a day for all the dirt thrown in this campaign. Good luck to you.LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• No one can advise you without knowing your views on the issues. So...take a look at this:

http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html

The calculator will help you figure out which candidate's positions are most like your own on the issues.

And please, don't thinking being a stay at home mom doesn't mean you don't have time to be somewhat informed. Newspapers, news radio (not talk radio, NEWS radio, please), and television are all out there. USA Today is pretty simple to skim and absorb basics if you only have a few minutes. Think of it as setting an excellent example for your children. An informed citizenry isimportant.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Good suggestion by gdiamante. There are more candidate calculators too if you google for them. It helps because it allows you to weight what is important to you. Everybody is different, so its a good idea to look into what matters most to you and then to fact check (www.politifact.com is pretty good, just be sure to read the articles not just the headlines, the articles may show some bias). I hope you find a candidate that works for you!
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I wouldn't use any of the calculators the questions are difficult to understand. Use your own judgement you don't know if it was a liberal or a conservative to published the stupid calculators not to mention anything can sound good if you ask it right.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I also agree with gdiamante. I did it and it worked great. My husband tried to get me to go to his candidate but when I did the candidate calculator, I came up with my first choice candidate. The questions for me were not to difficult because you can click on things for explanations if you need it. Try it, might help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• use the calculators.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used the calculator, but I was disappointed, because Obama and McCain were only 2% apart. Hardly satisfying, but a place to start! :) Besides, the weight I place on each issue changes daily depending on what's going on that day, so that could very easily be the 2%. Seems to be a great site with lots of neutral info, though!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008