so i have to ask....

So I go on this web site called Craigslist. It is a site where you can read about and post things to sell in your local area. So I see on there second hand toilet training seats and potties. Maybe its just me but I dont think that is sanitary. I know you could sanitize with bleach and all but its just the thought of you never know what that thing has been through. It's like buying used underwear. I just gotta hear what do you ladies think?

burtangermom4

Asked by burtangermom4 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• No. I wouldn't buy it. They're only 20bucks! Throw em away if ur kids done w them!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Eww! I would hope that no one is that hard up to have to resort to buying a used potty seat for their little one! (Esp. from a non-relative)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would never buy a used toilet seat... ew... just ew....
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't buy a used one either. They're cheap enough anyways.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If I didn't have the money for a new one, I would buy it used if it looked new. Ebay sells tons of used potties & they sell well too. It's plastic & can be washed. It only had a child use it for a short time. I would not buy an adult used toilet seat though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, personally I wouldn't buy a used potty for my daughter but some people might look at it as the same way as moving into a house or apartment and using that toilet its relatively the same thing but then again this is our children we are talking about and most kids dont know how to use the big kid potty there for they can be much messier on it, and not to mention its plastic not porcelin.
    Tuesday503

Answer by Tuesday503 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thats nasty. New for like 10 dollars for either.
    tiffanysevert

Answer by tiffanysevert at 4:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We got a used one for our son. It was given to us for free from some one my hubby worked with. We have since used it for our middle child and will use it when the baby is ready too. When he brought it home hubby soaked it in a bucket of bleach and water for a couple hours. After he rinsed it off we washed it with anti bacterial soap.

I see nothing wrong with it as long as it looks new and is "clean". I mean we wouldnt' have used the one we got if it was smeared with poo or had poo stains on it.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh and I also wanted to add that even though you can get them for around $20, not all people have the money. To some people that $20 is food on the table or gas in their car to get to/from work (I know, hubby and I are in this situation right now).
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 11:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2010