keeping my son's dipers on?

okay, my 19 month old little boy won't keep his clothing or dipers on while at home. have tried everything I can think of, swim trunks, pull ups, oneies, etc. and he takes it off every 10 to 15 minutes, even in bed. which means peeing and pooping in bed and on the floor all the time, so I am gong out of my mind! does anyone else have any ideas?
thanks a million!

simone_ck

Asked by simone_ck at 10:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe it's his way telling you he's ready to use the big boy potty.
    Spanglishtrini

Answer by Spanglishtrini at 10:35 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You can use duct tape around his diapers. Just wrap it around his waist.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• re: Spanglishtrini

even if he is only 1 and a half?
    simone_ck

Answer by simone_ck at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Are you putting a onsie and then pants over the onsie? I know my kids wouldn't be able to undress that on their own at 18 months...
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Does he has a older sibling around? I don't think there is a time set for toddlers to start potty training, it wouldn't hurt to try if he's not ready then you would know.

Spanglishtrini

Answer by Spanglishtrini at 11:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• WHAT WE DID WITH MY SISTER WAS WE USED TO PUT HER CLOTES ON HER AND IF SHE TOOK THEM OFF WE WOULD MAKE HER SIT IN TIME OUT AND IF SHE DID IT AGIN WE TOOK AWAY TV AND THE NEXT TIME HOW MENY EVER TIMES SHE TOOK HER CLOTHS OFF WAS HOW MENY HOURS SHE HAD TO GO TO BED EARLY OR GROUNED HER BABY STYLE
    newmom461

Answer by newmom461 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yes, try potty training. IT's not about the age, it's about his capabilitites.

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/pottytraining/f/readiness.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• potty training is a good start..... as to keeping clothes on ... my son is 14 months old and i have that same problem lol
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008