Has anyone done kickboxing to lose weight?

I am looking into joining a kickboxing class to get in shape and lose weight has anyone done this before and do you feel it was beneficial?

sue118

Asked by sue118 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been doing Tae Bo for 11 years! That should be a testimonial in itself! Although it's not quite the same as a kickboxing class/workout, it can be purchased once and done at your convenience. (as opposed to a weekly or monthly fee) Also, It's simple enough for beginners and, if it gets too easy, there are tons of different versions that are tougher. Like I said, I've been at it for 11 years and haven't gotten bored or hit the plateau. Love it!
    secondrose

Answer by secondrose at 1:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I haven't but it sounds like a fun way to lose weight.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have never did this but I heard that Billy Blank is a good trainer he has a video that's been out for along time " Tai Bo" I keep saying I want to try it but I never get around to doing it. But I would think it would do some serious damage in a good way that is ;) Especially if you are serious about your workout. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I've taken a kickboxing/cardio/aerobics class. It incorporated all aspects of fitness.
    Def worth the money, and fun, too!
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I haven't done it to lose weight. I've used it to build muscle and get in shape.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use the Turbo Jam workout ... it's a cross between aerobics, kickboxing, and cardio. GREAT WORKOUT!

And the trainer makes it fun! I do this with a small group of folks. We have fun and keep each other motivated.
    Good luck ! www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs

TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 3:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010