Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What would you do if a dr messed up your childs surgery? adult content

My son had a hernia repair and circ. done and the dr said they found he had hydrospadias and then they over dosed him on morphine and he swelled up like a soft ball... seriously. The second surgery went well but i'm scared about the one tomorrow. I cant get another dr. to accept him as a patient cause hes messed up so bad... What would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by tiffanysevert at 4:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 3 (27 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • What is he having done tomarrow?

    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Did he have an permenant side effects? If so, you could sue for malpractice. I'm sure another doctor will accept you, just keep on looking.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • Over dose on morphing? He could have killed your son! I would try my best to find another doctor.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • sue his ass!

    Answer by ReeCee at 4:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • I'm with ReeCee. Sue him for everything he has..............DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • So let me see if I am understanding this.... He has hydrosadias but they didnt catch it until they cath'd him for the hernia surgery... is that right? And on top that, he had a reaction to the morphine after the hernia surgery... correct? Are you sure they have him too much morphine? Swelling sounds like an allergic reaction, so unless you specifically informed them that he had a morphine allergy, that's not really anyone's fault.

    I'm not seeing where a doctor has screwed up other than someone missing the hydrosadias when he was born. (which I am sure is upsetting to find out). Good luck with surgery tomorrow. Try to get some rest. :)

    Answer by karamille at 4:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • I would sue the doctor's for over dosing your son...he could of been killed ..Its better to look for another doctor..

    Answer by Espinosa at 5:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

  • So I guess it's true what they say...this country really is sue happy! No wonder no one can afford private healthcare. Dr's have to charge outrageous rates just to cover their a** from frivilous malpractice cases

    Answer by sandrizzle at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.