My 2and half old refuses baths

My 2and a half year old son refuses to take his bath or have his teeth brushed. It just started happening and am so worried on what to do. The other day he had his bath screaming and kicking. I have given him a bath since he was born so I asked hubby to try but he just cries for mum but when I go in he keeps saying he does not want to take a bath. I have bought him toys for bath time-color soap etc but nothing seems to work out. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe you can take him back to the store and let him pick out a few things..like bubbles, and a wash buddy hand mit. let him pick it out..and then let him pay for it..*give him the money and let him hand it to the cashier. *my two year old does it all the time* and she loves it. She cant wait to get home and play with it, or eat it whatever it may be.

But, he is old enough to make some choies..just give him two or there things to pick from and then let him pay for it*
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My 2 year old has started doing this and I think it's because she knows bathtime is the beginning of her bedtime routine and she doesn't want to go to bed. I find giving a warning helps (10 more minutes then bath, 5 more minutes, 2 more minutes, OK it's bath time!)
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 3:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2008