I AM 6WKS PREGNANT. YESTERDAY I WENT OUT TO EAT, N THREW EVERYTHIN G UP WHEN I GOT HOME. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO KEEP ANYTHING DOWN FOR LONG. I TRIED TOAST, CRACKERS,N WATER, BUT NOTHING IS HELPING. I'M AFRAID THIS IS GOING TO HURT THE BABY BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN KEEPING ANYTHING DOWN. ANY IDEAS??

6WKS PREGNANT N SICK.

Aneq

Asked by Aneq at 10:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal, mama! It sucks and it's unfair but there's really nothing you can do about it. Morning sickness is the worst part of pregnancy, hands down. It's horrible that you have to deal with it right off the bat, but it's so worth it for all of the fabulous things that happen the further along you get :P

Try ginger root pills! It'll take the edge off your morning sickness and should hopefully help you keep stuff down. It saved my ass, I was puking up everything, even water and crackers like you, and after I took a ginger root pill, I downed three cheeseburgers. Those were the tastiest yummiest burgers ever hahaha. You can get them for $5.99 at GNC. Good luck, it should get better by the second trimester!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I threw up that much with my daughter too. its ok.. ur baby will be ok!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Unfortunately, it sounds normal. Your baby will be fine, as long as you eventually retain some nutrients, which you will. Usually the nausea doesn't last long, so you should be fine in a couple days at most. Just keep trying to eat the crackers and drink the water. Also, try preggy pops or preggy drops (you can get them at Motherhood Maternity - usually in the mall). They will help with the nausea. I hope you feel better... If you continue to throw everything up, for more than two full days, I would call OBGYN just to be safe.
    Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• What your going through is very normal...many women have problems early on with morning sickness and trying to keep food down. It sounds like you are doing the right things...try eating a few crackers in the morning before you get out of bed and start moving around. Sip water- don't gulp. You can try other bland foods like plain grilled chicken, hard boiled egg, a slice of cheese. Lots of small meals instead of big meals. Make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins. Throwing up is not harmful to the baby unless it gets excessive! So try not to stress about it- the stress is more harmful then the morning sickness : ) If it continues to the point where your sick all the time- call your obgyn, they do in severe cases prescribe a medicine for really bad morning sickness.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 10:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Congrats! I remember when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Thats actually when i found out i was pregnant lol. but anyways. I heard that once you wake up try eating saltines ONCE you wake up and stay sitting in your bed and try not to move that much. Its supposed to help settle your stomach. Also try drinking Ginerale, that helps the stomach sooooooo much!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You will be fine and so will the baby. It is normal. At least keep up on the fluids. You might throw some of it up but the fluids will soak in a bit faster for you.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:15 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Contact your doctor. The baby could actually be in danger if you are dehydrated and malnourished. A condition called hyperemesis could be the culprit. Your doctor would admit you to hospital for IV fluids and give a anti vomiting pill at worst, but call your doctor. www.hyperemesis.org
    marissa619

Answer by marissa619 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• What Is Hyperemesis Gravidarum?

HG is a debilitating and potentially life-threatening pregnancy disease marked by rapid weight loss, malnutrition, and dehydration due to unrelenting nausea and/or vomiting with potential adverse consequences for the newborn(s).
    - from www.hyperemesis.org

it's not normal to be unable to keep anything down for long periods of time. trust your instincts when you are worried about the safety of your baby. nobody knows better than you... better to be safe then sorry. call your ob.
    marissa619

Answer by marissa619 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• id say it is normal cos i went thru the exact same thing.. however my dr did give me a script for phenergen suppositories..completely safe but it takes away ur naseau enuff so u will be able to eat.. u might ask him or her about it.. i threw up from day one til the moment they did my c section.. i actaully threw up while on the operating table

plain0me63

Answer by plain0me63 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• also try to eat a banana if u can.. i just found out bananas are great for nauseau during pregnancy..
    plain0me63

Answer by plain0me63 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008