Anyone have a child with eczema & super sensitive skin?

My son has eczema and really really sensitive skin. I know I have a few weeks until I really need to worry about it.. but do you think its ok to have a real Christmas tree? Or should we opt for a fake one? {{ This is his first Christmas}}

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine does, and we have to carefully consider everything that comes into our house. I'd go for a fake tree, but bear in mind that some of them come with a chemical coating that is actually worse for chemical sensitive children than a real tree would be. :\ It's one of those situations where you need to experiment and figure out what works best for you. Another problem with artificial trees is that they do accumulate dust and debris while stored and while displayed, and there is no real way to clean them. It's a lot to consider for a parent, I'm hoping mine outgrows this eventually. Good luck to you.We take ours outside and give all of the parts a once over with compressed air.
    3maniacsmom

Answer by 3maniacsmom at 6:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would opt for the fake one, because I would want to avoid him breaking out. My son is allergic to high doses of milk so I try to avoid it, so he doesn't break out.
    mommyuphold

Answer by mommyuphold at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I don't know, we just have a fake one. DD is sensitive to milk to.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 12:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Both my children have eczema and have really sensitive skin and we do a fake tree but we were thinking of a real one this year .... we prolly wont but it would be nice! Good luck but I would opt for the fake.
    MomofTwo0608

Answer by MomofTwo0608 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008