Eating Dog

I was watching Taboo on NG channel. In China they serve dog because it's cheap, and easy to come by. A lot of the lower class families eat it daily. Would you eat it if it was the norm?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• yes i would if i new the animal had a healthy diet when it was alive
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nope, I was born in S. Korea and adopted as an infant and when I tell people where I am "from" they ask if I have eaten dog or cat lol
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think there are different cultural mores on what is/is not acceptable to eat.

Given my upbringing, even in another culture, I would feel uncomfortable eating dog, because it's against the rules of order in which *I* was brought up. Now, had I grown up somewhere where dog meat was eaten commonly, I would probably think nothing of it.

I think the same would be said of someone who grew up not eating anything *we* find common, such as beef, pork or shellfish. To us, it's tasty, while to them, it may be socially or religiously unacceptable behavior.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• In some countries, it's weird to eat cow. Do I think it's weird to eat cow? No, because it's the norm here. So even though I think it's weird to eat dog, had I been brought up somewhere where it's the norm, I suppose I would not think it's weird and would probably eat it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If it was the norm. and all I knew then yep. I guess I would.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Some countries eat Guinea Pigs, Snails and Snakes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If I grew up in the culture, maybe. But I can't see dogs as food for me.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thats just down right gross, they are cute little babys and cows and pigs dont climb up on your lap and lick your face, or wait for you to come home and get all excited when you do.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no way. They are pets. Some people eat horse also, don't they? That's just cruel!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My bil from Bolivia used to eat guinea pigs.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010