When did you get your 3D/4D ultrasound?

I have mine scheduled for October 27th, but I am thinking of changing it to a further date, I will be 29 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I am just uncertain of how good the results will be.

MmmmMamaBear

Asked by MmmmMamaBear at 4:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think I had mine at around 32 weeks.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Never had one with 5 kids.  With my first I had 2 ultrasounds (at 6 weeks and 20 weeks).  With my 2nd I had 2 (at 22 weeks and 37 weeks--to check his size because I was measuring really big).  With my next two kids I only ever had 1 ultrasound each (at 24 weeks and 28 weeks respectively).  And with my last I had 2 only because they couldn't see his face the first time.  The first was at like 32 weeks and the 2nd was at 36 weeks.  None of them was 3D although they were using a machine that did 3D with my last and she took one snapshot of his foot with it the last time.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• never had one! This is my 5th child! I find it unnessacary!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• They say not to do it after like 35 weeks or so because the baby is too big to see anything very clear. Ask the tech or Dr. that is there to do them? Or at a place like that even a receptionist that answers the phone may know. Good luck and have fun its really cool to see them on the big screen. My son waved at everyone when I got his done. I think I was like 25 weeks or so and the results were great. My OB ultrasound tech would switch it over every once in a while durring routine ultrasounds too so I don't remember exactly when his 3D was done at the special theater type place.
    burtangermom4

Answer by burtangermom4 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had several done - the machine at my drs office does it and while they were doing ultrasounds (i had lots due to complications/concerns), they would flip it over to 3D.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I never had one done, but IMO I would stick with the date you have. Even a regular ultra sound can be difficult to see fully after 32 weeks.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• They did those at my 22 week ultrasound. Though, IMO, I think they look creepy, so I didn't really care that they did them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010