Sick child, What would you do?

If you have more then one child in daycare and one of them is sick, would you keep both children home or keep the sick child home and take the other to daycare (not preschool)?

Also, if one of your children had a well child doctor appointment, would you pick up that child and leave your other child at daycare?

momof4crzykidos

Asked by momof4crzykidos at 4:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I kept trying to answer this but I only have 1 child so I have no clue lol. i can see going with either option depending on what the situation is.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If one is sick, I do send the other to daycare. I try to keep the well one from getting sick. My daughter is in school, so it's usually not an option if she's the well one. For the doctor appointment, I usually just take the child with the appointment.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I only have 1 child too, but I think I would just keep the sick one home. Unless I was paying for childcare by the day and it would be cheaper to keep the other one home too since I would be home with the sick on anyway lol. Same with doctors appointments. No need to take more kids than needed.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i would stay home with both kids. you would have to be home anyway. theres no point in taking the sick one out to bring the other to day care. i cant really answer the other question cause i schedule well check ups together. its much easier.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I just can not imagine, if I am staying home with one sick child, why get out to take my other child to daycare? Or if I leave work early to take one child to a dr appt, why not pick up both kids and go home after the appt, instead go back and pick up my other child at DC? I know lots of people who do this why?
    momof4crzykidos

Comment by momof4crzykidos (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would not bring the well child to school because that child might be contagious, even if well.

In the case of a well child visit, I would only pick up the one child.. take that child out for a treat after the appointment and enjoy some one-on-one time. When it is time for the other child to have a well visit, that will be that child's special day. :o)
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• if you are going to be home with one kid anyways and it will save you money I would pull them both out. (some daycares pay by the day, some the hour, others just for the week).

Otherwise I'd keep my other kid in probably.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If one was sick and had to stay home I'd keep them both home. With the well visit, I feel it's important for the doctor to have that one on one time with the child being seen. So I would leave the other and vice versa.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2010