Do you get another ultrasound towards the end to see if baby is breech?

I've been meaning to ask my doctor this, my next appointment is the 27th, But I am just curious if they do an ultrasound or if they can tell by just feeling around on my tummy? Did your doctors do an ultrasound?

MmmmMamaBear

Asked by MmmmMamaBear at 4:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They can tell just by feeling around. If you knew what to feel for, you could tell yourself.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thanks [:
    MmmmMamaBear

Comment by MmmmMamaBear (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Unless it's suspected no,but they didn't know mine was breech until i was 8cm.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What exactly should I look for if I'm feeling around myself?
    MmmmMamaBear

Comment by MmmmMamaBear (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I felt kicking in the wrong direction personally,but that stopped when he pulled his legs up. but in most cases they can tell by feeling your pelvic area.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yup, I got one for a weight check, & I was checked again before my C-section.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• They can feel your belly and know exactly where they are. I used to to it on myself and it was fun to show people where DS was. As far as the Ultrasounds go I had one everytime I went to the doctor b/c I was high risk, so I was not normal. My friend went to the the clinic and she had 2. I am pretty sure most people get 2.

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010