10 years ago today.

10 years ago today terrorist attacked the USS Cole. 17 of our young people were killed.
Our government still has not tried the master mind of this attack.
The family's of 17 killed keep trying to get answers from our government.
Nobody from the government will tell them why they have not tried him yet.

What do you think?

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The Obama Administration has apparently dropped the charges on the mastermind of the USS Cole. Ugh.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=abCCGpDDZsfU&refer=us

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Terrible thing to start with , even worse knowing the government gave the bad guys a pass. This administration will not prosecute but hopefully when Republicans get a chance they will make it happen.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, according to THIS article, The OBAMA ADMINISTRATION has apparently assumed responsibility, but the hold-up seems to be that this administration has tied it's own hands with Obama's signing of the "GITMO closing bill"!!

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/02/president-oba-2.html

But I agree, I don;t know why Bush didn't take care of the issue, or work with Clinton (since this incident did happen on Clinton's watch) after he left office--since he has remained very much politically active in his role as humanitarian ambassador?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Makes you wonder doesn't it?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My heart goes out to the parents
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39634317/ns/us_news-security 

Sure the families are angry over this but on a political spectrum it makes sense. When your dealings with terrorists and those testifying for us it's obvious they want to handle this with a larger political purpose. I don't condone waiting this long and I could easily blame it on Bush, I mean he did nothing about it in his 8 years. But no, the torch is carried and the same political notion continues... Find the right way to handle... And we wait...

If you think the republicants can suddenly figure this out, where were they when Bush was in office? I mean wouldn't they want Bush to get the credit for prosecuting this terrorist?

Anonymous

• I didn't mean to hit anon. Dammit!

Kept running out of space and must have clicked it. Grrrrr !
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think out government needs to get their priorities in order and get those sailors families answers!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well....gee, this happened during Bush's administration....they did nothing about it for 6 years. They must have a good reason for leaving the guy alone.
    I don't know. Who knows.

WHy would Republicans take care of this situation in the future if they left the guy alone while Bush was President?

It was Bush's responsibilty. Ask GWB why he was not tried. Duhhhh.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010