why does my DD not like baths anymore?

my 1o mos dd used to love baths but the last couple of days, she's refusing to go into her infant/toddler tub. She arches her back and would not let me put her in and shes screaming and crying at the top of her lungs. Shes never had a bad bath experience before and it makes me wonder why shes like that now. Any ideas?

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 4:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I could tell you! My daughter did the same thing! We finally started giving her quick showers instead and just letting her scream it out. When she turned two and was steady on her feet I started showering with her. I even let her hold the shower wand a few times and "wash mommy". Then we started giving her baths again and using the shower head to wash her hair. Slowly I started pouring water on her head with her toys (giant legos) and she followed suit. Today she was actually willing to lay down in the tub and let me wash and rinse her hair. Without any crying for the first time since she was about 1 and she will be 3 soon!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son was this way and we just take him in the shower with us he is 5 moths old now or there are times i will sit in the bath tub with him and he likes to splash the water that way
    Rhiannon1980

Answer by Rhiannon1980 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• she probably doesnt like laying down as much anymore right?
    get her one of those chairs that go in the tub. they have suctions on the bottom so they wont tip
    crazymomma714

Answer by crazymomma714 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• we always bathed with our dd. maybe bathing together would help?
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010