internal u/s and miscarriage

need some opinions/advice. I went in for an u/s 10/10 where they also did an internal. I started bleeding that afternoon and bleeding and cramping the next day. On 10/13 I had a miscarriage. Does anyone know or have any experience with internal u/s and know if it could have triggered my m/c? I was 7w4d when they did it and the babies h/beat was there, it was 140. also I passedthe baby and then the next day the placenta. could the u/s have caused the cord to detatch from the placenta?I asked the dr and all she said was there was no way to know, that the cord detatches in many m/c, maybe she's helping cover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've had a lot of transvaginal ultrasounds during my 3 pregnancies. I've experienced the after-bleeding but never any serious complications. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May I suggest you call another obgyn and see if they can answer this question and maybe do a little online research on your own.
    I guess anything is possible though, but I've always been told that this kind of ultrasound is perfectly safe during early pregnancy.
    I would demand that your obgyn sit down and have a consultation with you about this - they need to be more open to you and what you've just experienced.
    Once again- so sorry honey- (((HUGS))))!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The first thing that came to my mind was "Why are you having a sonogram at all? Especially, that early in the pregnancy?"
    In all of my pregnancies , the only time I have ever had a sonogram that early is because I was threatening to miscarry and when my uterus was tall for my dates. If everything appeared fine, then the first sonogram wasn't until about the 15th week at the earliest.
    That said, I miscarried after a internal sonogram, but I was already considered a threatened pregnancy.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was having light brown spotting and cramping, went in for anormal appnt and they went ahead and sent me next door to the hospital for a u/s just in case. it coulkd have been already happening but it also makes me wonder. It's kept me up thinking about it b/c the tech was pretty rough and moving around a lot. she was also looking at my ovaries, I don't know why maybe b/c she had someone there in training. but you couldn't always see the baby so my husband and i wonder if she could have disrupted the pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was also having some light brown spotting and had a vaginal u/s done. The sono tech looked at my ovaries too. This is just my opinion but I think your miscarriage was probably inevitable. Your cervix is closed and the probe couldn't have penetrated your uterus. I'm so sorry. I lost a baby too at 20 weeks gestation. It was my first pregnancy and my first sono. The baby's heart just stopped beating. No one knows to this day what went wrong. Most miscarriages are just a fluke where something went wrong when sperm met egg. Again, I'm terribly sorry.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think it was inevitable also. That early in the pregnancy so many things can go wrong and if it isn't a viable pregnancy your body will terminate. I'm sorry.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008