Have you ever made a quilt?

If so, how long did it take you to complete it?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Used to make them all the time. I made small ones for the kids' toddler beds. I still have one in a toddler bed but a few years back our house burnt down and my machine, material and all my 'expensive cutters mats and stuff' went with it. Since then none. Took about 4 nights after the kids went to bed. They are small . Help with practice, skill level and for those of us- me- with completion probs gives a sense of achievement. Look up' candy cane lane' I think its called by sue ? The lady that throws scraps over shoulder and talks to the camera like your a 3 year old. Super easy! And cute too!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I've only made one. It was a twin size quilt. It took me about 3 weeks, but I put a lot of hours into it. I couldn't say exactly probably 60 or 70. It would really depend on the type of quilt that you're making, and your skill level...even the kinds of tools you have can affect the time. If you are a beginning quilter, have you done any other sewing....that will affect it as well......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I made one when I was in high school. I loved it but ever since I had my daughter I haven't been able to make another one. I was pregnant in high school so I made the quilt for her but it took me about two months and I had the class everyday. I was a beginner. It was fun though!
    mommyof2_1989

Answer by mommyof2_1989 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am a quilter it really depends on the difficulty of the quilt. Some can take a few days to months or years.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am a quilter also. I have finished one in as little as 2 hours, but it was super easy. Others have taken me about 3 days to a week to finish.
    connor12907

Answer by connor12907 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've helped make a quilt....
    I made a quilted wall hanging for my mom, with pictures of our family printed on parts of the pattern on white... That took a while, it was easy, but also a process!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• nope but i want too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• no
    ooksanab25

Answer by ooksanab25 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2010