contraction what do they feel like?

ok so with my first two i never had contraction they were both here before they were due. so i am pregnant with number 3 and i am 36 weeks and 2 days. i have been having pains and was just wondering what contraction felt like. these hurt my side of the stomach and my stomach hardens. please help

shaynaj

Asked by shaynaj at 10:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i forgot to mention it hurts when he moves to is that normal??
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 11:01 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They can feel a little different with each pregnancy. I've had back labor when out of nowhere my back was killing me! Regular contractions kind of move from your sides to the top of your tummy- getting tighter as they intensify and yes, your tummy gets all hard. If your having that feeling- start timeing them- it could be time : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• With contractions, your stomach gets hard and the pain sort of ripples from the top of your stomach to the bottom. Everyone is different though, so what you're experiencing may be different from what I'll experience. I think you should probably call your doctor, though. If you're ever in pain during pregnancy, you should call your doctor. Also, you should be timing the pain and hardness, there's a certain pattern that real labor follows, but I can't quite remember what it is : / Maybe someone else will know that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008