What's the age difference between you and your spouse? Was it an issue? What was?

I am 3 1/2 years older. The age wasnt an issue as much as our denominations were.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My fiance is 20 and I am 17. When we first started dating I was 16 and he was 19, his Mom had an issue for the first few months. But no issues now.
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 5:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• there is a 2 1/2 year difference between me and DH our only issue was he was previously married and me and his ex didn't get along at first now we get along fine.
    knab

Answer by knab at 5:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband and I are 11 years different (with him being the elder) we have been together 9 years now and age has really not been an issue. I was 19 when we got married and at first he kind of treated me like a little girl and acting like I didn't know about the world because I was younger. That wore off pretty fast though and it hasn't been an issue since like our first year of marriage. I know that sometimes other people thought the age difference was too much and actually when we first met he lied to me and told me he was a year younger because he felt like I wouldn't like him if I knew his real age (yeah like 1 year is going to make that big of a difference).
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 5:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• This is the question on FB right now. We are only 2 months apart.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My dh is almost 6 years older than me and we don't have any issues.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am 20 and my SO is 23, so 3 years, and there are no issues
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am 6 months older than DH. The age differenve has meant nothing.
    esmeralda1

Answer by esmeralda1 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Age doesn't make a differance unless the age is like 15 years apart. My husband and I are 6 yrs apart. My mom always said there should be at least 5. I've always preferred older men if I'm with someone younger I feel like I'm with a baby.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My mother was 19 years younger than my father. But she says they were actually about the same age. LOL
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He's 8 yrs older then iam... Never been an issue
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 5:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010