medical jobs with new health care bill.

Okay I don't know all that much about Obama's new health care bill but I was talking to a friend who told me that going to school now to get a job in health care would be a bad idea. She told me the new bill will make nurses, doctors etc. make a lot less money. does anyone know if this is true? and also how I can find out more about it. I was thinking about going to school for phlebotomy and then when my daughter reaches school age going back to be a nurse.. I want to know if this would be a good thing or not really be worth it. I don 't really know what else I could do. I am a very shy not very confident person and I really don't have a passion for anything except my daughter which sadly I can't get paid for. Any ideas? I don't feel the need to make tons of money just over thirty thousand a year would be nice. Sorry I started to babble.

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 5:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't foresee that at all. Greed is the motivation behind that statement from the medical field. The bill is going to now monitor the money that doctors, hospitals, etc, can charge people. It's intended for our benefit to keep from getting screwed from the medical community. It really is a much needed thing. I've worked in the heath care field, I've talked to lots of people, especially physicians who realize just how much they can get away with.

The medical field is a very safe bet for anyone, because it's how the whole country makes it's money.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't see that happening.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have not heard anything about the new health plan effecting salaries. So I have to say that that's not true. As the population ages, the health care field will continue to grow. It's a good field to get into.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm in full agreement with everyone else. Nurses will always be paid well, and will always be in great need. They can't outsource us, and they really can't get away with downsizing anyone except middle management. Stay out of middle management and you should be fine.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010