What can I do to make my sick kids feel better? (PIOG)

My son caught a cold while at school last week and now everyone in my house is sick. My son (5yrs) has a sore throat, cough and runny nose. My daughter (2yrs) has a fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarreah (sp?) and vomiting. I bought pedialite, childrens pepto, night time cough and cold syrup, vicks vapor rub and johnsons vapor bath (all their doctor told me to get). Is there anything else that might help? Any home remedies you might know of? My son has only been sick twice before now and my daughter only once and that was almost 2 years ago. I hate seeing them so sick so any and all advice is welcome. Oh and they have a dr appt. on Friday just need ideas until then. Thanks in advance.......

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 5:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• Soup, hot water with honey and lemon, a movie snuggled all together with Mom in Mom's bed. Thats what makes me feel better anyways.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Popsicles, jello, coloring books and lots of hugs
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Just keep giving them the medicine they need and lots of huggy loves ( as my 6 yr. son and I call hugs and kisses! )

And I agree with silversmom.....curled up in Moms bed watching a movie huddled close sounds pretty good too in hopes of feeling better!

**Hope they get to feeling better soon**
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ginger helps the stop coughing. It can make your tongue a lil sore if used too long or too much. Try it out on you first to see and then you can do what's right with the kiddos. I like peppermint tea for tummy aches. Or peppermint honey sticks :) usually I get the night time stuff to knock them out as if I give mine the normal they start to feel better and run around wild like. When you and we all know their little bodies need rest. Chicken broth, it isn't so bad when you puke it up. And if not keeping down do a tsp. At a time. Anything is better than nothing. Iswear by baby vics, and reg. Looove the vapo rub. Sucks to try to sleep when you can't breathe.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010