What can I do to make my sick kids feel better? (PIOG)

My son caught a cold while at school last week and now everyone in my house is sick. My son (5yrs) has a sore throat, cough and runny nose. My daughter (2yrs) has a fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarreah (sp?) and vomiting. I bought pedialite, childrens pepto, night time cough and cold syrup, vicks vapor rub and johnsons vapor bath (all their doctor told me to get). Is there anything else that might help? Any home remedies you might know of? My son has only been sick twice before now and my daughter only once and that was almost 2 years ago. I hate seeing them so sick so any and all advice is welcome. Oh and they have a dr appt. on Friday just need ideas until then. Thanks in advance.......

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 5:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• The broth from soup feels good on a sore throat when I am sick and baths tend to make my daughter feel better. They lower their temp (use regular water not cooler just because they are hot) and it seems to give her her energy back and she just looks happier! She also likes popsicles and cuddles :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Chicken noodle soup, warm fluids, tylenol, , bed rest sounds like you have it all taken care of why is their appointment so far away though?
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Give them lots and lots of liquids, to flush that virus out!!!! get him ice pops to suck on it helps the sore throat, lots and lots of loving and hugging! I do hope they feel better soon and that they do not pass it on to you!

Answer by older at 5:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Moms_Angels the receptionist said they are completely full because most of the kids in my area are out of school all this week and it seems there is a bug going around so they are unusually busy :( They said they would call if they have any cancelations. Thanks for all the tips.
    jnsdrf

Comment by jnsdrf (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thanks Older. So far I have a mild runny nose and sore throat, my husband on the other hand is taking a beating. He is just about as bad as the kids are. Kinda sucks being the only one not too sick cause that means I have to take care of everyone. Oh well, that's called being a mom lol.
    jnsdrf

Comment by jnsdrf (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my daughter came home from school early today with the crud too.....she likes hot tea, hot soup, ice pops, jello, and gingerale is good if the tummy is upset. A cool mist humidifier also helps.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010