Giving Birth When You Want to?

Hello! My baby's due date is April 22nd. My birthday is April 24th. I was wondering if there was anyway I could do anything to give birth on my birthday?

I heard walking a LOT the day before will help. But im not sure and I'd LOVE to have my greatest gift in the world born on my birthday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry- but your baby will come when its ready.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The baby will come when it is ready. All those little things you here about how to speed things up are myths. Walking A LOT LOT LOT LOT may help a LITTLE. And of course this is your decision, but don't you want your baby to have his/her OWN day, not one to share with mommy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i do want my little one to have his/her own birthday, just ive always imagined having a baby on my birthday. It was one thing i couldnt stop thinking about when i was younger and played with dolls =)

but your both right..when he or she is ready, theyll let me know! :)

im extremely scared. This is my first time and i was told that the epidural helps then i heard it does nothing.

i have 19 tattoos 2 of which are on my ribs and that didnt hurt, i had 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out and that didnt hurt.

so maybe giving birth wont be so bad?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh lawd. Everyone will tell you horror stories and stuff, don't listen to ANYTHING because your experience will be completely unique, NOBODY will ever have a pregnancy or delivery experience like yours. The choice of an epidural is yours and yours alone, it DOES help if it's done correctly, and I'd say 95% of the time it's done correctly. Make sure to do your own research, don't go by what everyone tells you, even those of us on here.

You'll be perfectly fine. You're braver than me for enduring 19 tattoos, I want just one but I'm terrified of the pain. I also had four impacted wisdom teeth and had them removed. They say labor is the worst pain you'll ever endure, but that it's unlike any other pain you've ever felt. Just surround yourself with people you like and trust and everything will be okay :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Your child will come when they are ready, not when you want them to so it can be about you and when you "dream" of having a baby. They do things on their own schedule, get used to that now because it's not gonna be all about you and what you want anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• uhm i never said it was "all about me"

i was just stating something ive always dreamed about...

i just want the best experience ever.

god way to attack me and stay anonymous about it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have one tattoo and it hurt like hell!!!! So did labor....but I'd say they are comparable. Different type of pain, but still comparable.
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 11:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• awweeee =) on ur birthday!! i think thatd actually be kinda cool. but id also think that the baby isnt worthy of having his or her own day. its like when people name their babies after someone else

what is the baby not worthy of having his or her own name? i mean damn ur already sharing the lastname no need to take someone elses name...

but hey! birthdays are still cuteeee
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:49 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol-this is just the beginning of trying to keep the kid on your schedule and it not working! congrats-and good luck - it is all worth it!
    nrilee

Answer by nrilee at 12:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Sorry - even if you don't deliver before that date, even if you are induced early in the morning on that date, there is no guarentee that you will deliver on that date.

Keep in mind:

Your "due date" is a guess. Any time from 3 weeks before that day to 2 weeks after it is considered "full term". That gives you a FIVE week window for having the baby.

Babies come when they are ready. This is just the beginning - they cry when they want, sleep when they want, crawl, walk and talk when they want. You can't force a baby to do anything at the time that is best for you, including being born.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2008