my fully potty trained DD is having accidents...

my DD is 3 and she has been fully pt for over 6 months now with no accidents (yay us! lol) well, yesterday she was sitting in the recliner and she had an accident. then last night she climbed into my bed at some point in the night and when i woke up this morning, she had peed in my bed. this is NOT like her, at all. i keep thinking that i read some where that if they started having accidents after being pt for 6+ months that there could be an issue, but now i cant find it. she has also had to pee a lot today (like 2 times an hour and thats not norm for her either)

any thoughts?

racergirl7

Asked by racergirl7 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have there been any changes in your routine lately? (a move, a new sibling, daycare, etc.)? I know that sometimes even the best kids have regression issues.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 5:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Normal. Just because they go for a time without accidents does not mean that they AREN'T trained. It means that they have lost the attention span to remember to go. They get caught up in something else that is more important. Similar to adults...they need to go so they hold it until they are in pain. We don't have accidents because of embarassment but toddlers don't really care since mom will change them anyway.
    as for the night time...have you been giving in on the liquids 1 hr before bed?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no there havent been any changes at all...
    racergirl7

Comment by racergirl7 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Does she say it burns or itches down there? It could be a UTI or something of that nature....
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• this too happen to my daughter after doing so well she started having accidents...i just made her use the bathroom....sometimes kids rather play then go pee pee...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• try going back to the routine potty training days you had to re remind her what the potty is for. Sometime they become too lax in their day and forget they know how to use the potty when they are having too much fun.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My first thought would she might be constipated, which can sometimes cause pressure and accidents
    My second thought would be a UTI
    - I would have her checked by her pediatrican in both cases
    If she is fine medically then I would maybe help her remember and set up a sticker chart or something for a little while.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2010