How do I wean my baby off of breast he is 1 years old now

Help I need it seriously my son wouldnt ever take a bottle.. so I breastfed him and now he will not get off my breast. He will drink from a cup..but not regular milk

Markessa P.

Asked by Markessa P. at 5:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is one already he doesn't need a bottle. Just slowly reduce the times he is breastfeeding until it is only once a day. Then just stop offering it. Give him a cup instead.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you truly need to wean then your best bet is to get rid of one feeding every few days until he is no longer weaning. Start with the ones he is least attached to (not night time or before nap etc.). He doesn't need a bottle at all and doesn't have to have milk. You could try pumping and mixing it with cow's milk and just add more and more milk until he is drinking straight milk.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Drop one nursing session per week until done. You can offer a sippy cup in place if you would like.

Another method is don't offer, don't refuse. Pretty self explanatory.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010