We can't drill here but the Chinese can?

State-owned Chinese energy giant CNOOC is buying a multibillion-dollar stake in 600,000 acres of South Texas oil and gas fields, potentially testing the political waters for further expansion into U.S. energy reserves.

What do you think of this?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/China_stakes_claim_to_S_Texas_oil_gas_104753969.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Read Obama's book, he thinks our country  has gotten rich by stealing from all those poor third world countries.

It is all part of his master plan to spread the wealth.

If you ladies would just read his books, you would understand all of this.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• They might as well, it will likely be the only way they'll be able to cash in on those government issued "IOUs!!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am a native Texan and I think it is horrible! I suppose it is payback for letting the money flow.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The Chinese could give a rat's rear about our EPA. I never thought I would wish I was Chinese!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• China will probably be allowed to do whatever they wish, they just about own us now… And yes, that sux!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We (The U.S.) need to seriously stop allowing China to do the things they are doing! One way is to put an end to their taking American jobs (as far as outsoucing jobs to China). I recently saw an interview with Donald Trump, and like him or not, he said, “What’s happening is, outside forces are destroying this country,” Trump said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” show. “We’re rebuilding China, because everything we make is made in China …. The Chinese people I know tell me, ‘We can’t believe we are getting away with it.’ The valuation of their currency is ridiculous, you can’t compete with it.’” (cont)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with Trump on that one. Just this morning, I saw an article,
    "U.S. alarmed by harsh tone of China's military: The Pentagon is worried that its increasingly tense relationship with the Chinese military owes itself in part to the rising leaders of Commander Cao’s generation, who, much more than the country’s military elders, view the United States as the enemy.... Chinese military men, from the soldiers and platoon captains all the way up to the army commanders, were always taught that America would be their enemy.” I don't understand why the U.S., as it is written, would be so alarmed by this attitude. A snake is still a snake, no matter how much you feed it.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Natesmom, there is a great article in Forbes magazine on that subject
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Ohh I read that sophia and it is a great article.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• right agentwanda
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010