Cosmetology school

I live in maywood IL and i was wondering do yall know the best cosmetology school in the chicago IL area and how do i go about gettin in there without having a ged and can i get financial aid or something. please help me.

Tish0624

Asked by Tish0624 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Not sure about Chicago. But, if you do a search for "Cosmetology School in Chicago". You should be able to track one down. Some sites have reviews. So, you can read them to see what school is the best in the area. Also, you must have a G.E.D before ANY school will let you take classes. But, thankfully most schools have a G.E.D course you can take and they will pay for it, for you. Or, they will send you to a place that will let you take classes for your G.E.D or just take the test. I think the test is like, $50. and you don't have to take all the tests in one day......Good luck to you, hope this helps!~
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No matter what, you need a Diploma or GED to get into school. Here in ohio, it's like $200 or so get a GED. depending on where you go to get it. Just take the test. and then I would look for a cos. school. Financial aid is always available if you qualify.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• get your g.e.d. first, then google
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2010