my son got shot in the eye with a nurff dart

It popped a blood vesile in his eye. Do i take him to the ER? Hes 4yrs old. He saids it doesnt hurt anymore. It was an accident. My 3yr old nephew shot the nurff gun.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 6:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• As long as the eye isn't continually tearing or he isn't complaining of pain I would just watch it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If it broke a blood vessel I would call the pediatrician.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you haven't, I'd call the Dr. office and ask them. My dad lost an eye to a dirt clod being thrown. He was too little to remember the details of the story, so there may have been more to his accident. better safe than sorry is my point.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It depends, how close is the vessel to the iris? If it is real close, then yes, if not then just watch it.. If it isn't bothering him it shouldn't be a problem
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 7:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my son got it in the head in the temple with a golf ball and swelled up like a balloon i took him to the ER cuz any head injury is a must x-ray

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We have a friend who lost his eye to a nerf Bullet. I would take him to the ER it needs to be cleaned and could have at least scratches on the eye itself.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You can always call the dr s office and they will tell you if they want you to bring him in or not. They normally have a nurses line for things like this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't take him to the ER. The eye is a lot tougher than you think.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My son didnt mean to shoot him in the eye and yes hes ok, lol. His eye was only a little swollen and i think he caught his eyelid not his actually eyeball. But i am glad hes ok, i dont want anything to happen to my neices or nephews i love them
    soccormom246

Answer by soccormom246 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2010