Anyone have Endometriosis or PCOS -Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

If so, what are some of your symptoms. Have you had kids. Tell your story

BUBBLES1121

Asked by BUBBLES1121 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• I was 1st diagnosed w/ endometriosis at age 19. I had 2 laproscopic surgeries to remove adhesions & detach my tube from my bowel due to the stickiness of the adhesions. After the 2nd surgery I was placed on a medication that fooled my body into thinking it was in menopause. That was awful- having hot flashes in your 20's! Well, the dosage got reduced & I became pregnant- finding out before I was to have my 3rd surgery. What a surprise that was. A miracle actually! I've had 2 more children since & knock on wood, no more symptoms, Good luck if you have it. With proper medication & pain management, you can get thru this.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have had PCOS since I was 16. Years and years of skins tags, excessive hair growth, weight gain and irregular cycles. I tried several different drugs but none really helped. My husband and I decided to just stop thinking about it for a while because he was deploying in a few months anyway. We started riding bikes and dancing more. I Lost about 12 pounds and the next thing I know I'm throwing up every morning. Dr's said wow, we really didn't think you would ever get pregnant.. All in all I miscarried , had a son, had a son that passed away shortly after birth, had one last son. I was told to 'give up', 'adopt', 'you're never going to have a baby" I also have an inverted uterus and an android pelvis. Oh my last child was concieving after I lost my right ovary and fallopian to PCOS..it ruptured and had to be surgcally removed. Don't let anyone discourage you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Try to eat a healthy, lower carb diet. A weight loss of as little as 10% can trigger good ovulation. Good Luck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

• I have PCOS. I had my son in March of 06 and couldnt gt my six week check up due to the fact that I hadnt quit bleeding since his birth an 5 months after his birth I was diagnosed when I finally quit bleeding. Im unable to have any more chilren due to to how severe my PCOS is. I have went one year w/out a cycle, then have went has long as 6 months non stop of having a period. My symptoms are severe cycles or non at all, severe cramps almost like contraction pains, dandruff, thicker hair on my legs since my PCOS causes me to produce more male hormones ugh!! Having PCOS has caused me to be depressed also because I do want more children but know I wont be able to.
    HUNTERBUNTER

Answer by HUNTERBUNTER at 6:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• HunterBunter..I have had to extended heavy bleeding with huge clots and major pain. There is no reason to be left in that condition. If my bleeding extends past 10 days my Dr. not gives me a script. Its a hormone that stops the bleeding.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010