Potty Training...Now or Wait?

My son was 2 in August. If I do not put a diaper on right after his bath he will pee on the floor. So the other day I picked him up and put him on the potty and he went!! Now if he does not have his diaper on he forces himself to pee (mainly in the bath tub while he is taking his bath). So my question is should I start on potty training or wait until maybe Christmas ( I am a teacher and will have time at Christmas Break)? Do I need to buy a "potty chair" or just use the normal potty? Thanks!!!

lah0027

Asked by lah0027 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would wait. I waited until my kids turned 3 and it really took only 3 days. I had the potty chair that sits on the real potty. They barely used it. A few times each.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Each child will start using the pottie on their own time. My oldest was 21/2. My mother watched him and thought he was too young. I had to get the doctor to call her to say he was ready. I got him a pottie chair. You can try pull ups. Thier like under wear.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• In your case I would wait. My son was potty trained shortly after 2 but both his dad or I were able to be home everyday with him. We worked opposite schedules, so we had the time to work with him. I understand your enthusiam & excitement about him going on the potty but in my opinion if you just dont have the time avaiable it will make it harder for him & you. Now we did buy our son a pottty earlier than when we started and let him get used to it, and I think it helped. So that might be a good idea if you were considering it. Hope my opinion was helpful! Good luck either way & dont give up!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wait til your break. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would wait. It doesnt really sound like he is ready. He only went because you put him on it because he always goes then. Have you checked out the readiness criteria?
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2010