I am Due in February how did your older kids react to there new brother or sister

I am really nervous to see how my 2 in a half yr old Daughter Ava is going to react to her new baby sister... What was your older kids reaction towards the new baby
just asking

Ava_Myasmommie

Asked by Ava_Myasmommie at 6:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest was 4 when we had our son, it was amazing! I prepared for the worst, but he took to him perfect. He is always trying to help and love on him.
    I hope it goes well! Good Luck!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My daughter was wary of the baby at first. My mom told her the morning after he was born "You have a new baby brother' and she said "No, I don't want it." lol. She didn't want to touch him or hold him. She was tolerant is the best way I can describe it. But she soon warmed up to him. She started acting out by not listening to me at all, but she wanted to hold "baby bwudder" all the time and she still does. She tells him she loves him and says "It's okay, Imwee" when he cries (his name is Imriel and we call him Imri lol).

Anyway, she listens to mommy now and she loves he rbaby brother. Just make a point to spend some good quality time with your daughter every day and have her help with the new baby as much as possible and your transition will go smoothly :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son was a month shy of 3yrs when I had my daughter. He was actually very excited about it. He wanted to help me with everything from bathing to feeding her. The first few days though when she would cry he said she was too noisy and to take her back to the hospital lol, it was too cute. He took on the big brother role well though and he is still really good with her, 2 years later :) GL and there may be some sibling rivalry or a little jealousy, but as long as you make sure to give her attention and spend one on one time with her you should be fine :) Congrats on the baby.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am due in February also! I am having our third...when I had our current youngest my boy had just turned three and I was really worried about how he would react to not being the only child anymore I remember that we talked to him alot about how he was going to be a big brother and that it was an important job because he was responsible for helping with his new sister...about a month before we were due he and I went on a special shopping trip and he 'helped' me pick out the outfit we were going to bring her home in and he picked out a little stuffed animal for his new baby sister...through out the pregnancy we talked to him about how she was growing and he helped us pick her name I guess we just really tried to inclued him in the process and it seems to have worked he is the best big brother ever...but with another litle girl on the way I worry... so we have just been doing the same...she sings to my belly at night its cute GL
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son who is 8 and daughter 7 was really excited to have a new baby brother . My kids play really good with the baby . They don't want know one to mess with there brother . I guess it's how you treat your kids is how they're react . If you treat one better then the other then you might have a problem but other than that you should be fine .
    Jennfer T.

Answer by Jennfer T. at 6:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• well with # 5 on the way, they have reacted very well each time!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My oldest got very aggressive and over active. My Dr suggested taking him to lunch every so often and telling him he was going because he was a big boy and babies can't do that. Plus a little extra attention from me and Dh Worked like a charm.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• lol, my dd is 2 1/2 too and I'm due in december. (if baby is a week late she will be born on my daughters 3rd birthday, lol).

I try to get her ready now. Let her come to some of the appointments, we play a lot of doll games with her so she knows how to help with baby when baby comes. She feels the baby move in my belly and kisses her goodnight at bed time, sings to her, etc. IMO starting a bond with her now will make it easier when she comes for real. We also show pictures online with how big baby is in my belly each month. I'm hoping this helps. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010