Sexual Harrassment?

I work for a company where I do a lot of driving and transport nurses to various places. This morning I was taking a nurse somewhere and he asked me if he could touch my belly. (I am 22 weeks pregnant) I replied "prefferably not." He did it anyway. I was sitting and he put his hand low on my belly and rubbed it. I was totally uncomfortable with this. I am not one to get people in trouble but this made me feel really discusted. Should I file? Let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Definitely you should report it. You let him know you didn't want to be touched and he did it anyway, plus it sounds like he did it in a suggestive way. I'm really sorry that happened to you.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 12:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• no one regardless of the situation has a right to touch you!! Yes, I would say something and don't be afraid to do it.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think you should report it. It's obvious you are bothered by it. He was way out of line.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:21 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You should report it, that's creepy and wrong. Even if it's a woman, NOBODY is allowed to touch you without your consent!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:26 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oh my, I hope you do report it
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would have been weirded out too. Report it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would file a complaint but unless there are further incidents I would leave it at that. He needs to know that it is not ok to touch someone without their permission, especially after that person had already denied permission.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008