If you could... would you take your kid(s) to the Macys day parade on Thanksgiving?

I am thinking about taking my daughter (23 months) this year. I live in Connecticut so I can take the train into the city in the morning, and I think she would love it!

However, we didn't go last year because of the swine flu and I was still a little nervous about terrorist attacks. I think this year I am just going to try not to be paranoid and go though!

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• Absolutely! I went when I was a child and I can't wait for the day when we can travel up to NYC to take our kids.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, I think that would be awesome. That is one parade I would enjoy attending.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would.....I would love to have my son see the Macy's Day Parade. I remember watching it as a child and loving it. But, to see it up close has got to be worth the risk. I would just take a lot of sanitary supplies with you. Such as Wipes, liquid soap or Anti Bacterial wipes. I would watch out for the people around you. If they look sick, get out of there and move to another area. You don't have to sit near others. You can find a place on the street or somewhere you can be safe from others and the dreaded flu...Good luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes i would if i was up north...i love that parade...have fun mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would if I could
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I used to live in NYC and moved to CT the summer before my ds started first grade. We go almost every year, it's a tradition and we always have a great time! If you go, I hope you have fun! :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 6:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• All I can think when I see that parade is COLD and "where do they go to the bathroom??"

I live in CT too. Stamford does a mini version of the Macy's parade I think the week before Thanksgiving. They have the big balloon characters and everything, and it's way less chaotic I think.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have gone and it is great. We are going this year.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would totally take them when they get older, I think they would love it!
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, The kids would enjoying it much more then just seeing it on t.v.
    imsupermoma

Answer by imsupermoma at 9:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010