my 22 month old wants to eat my 9 month old's baby food

she started this last week. she hovers by the highchair when i feed the baby, with her hands up saying "meee, meee". so i decided to give her a bite, thinking she would find it disgusting and stop asking. well, the opposite happened, she liked it and now everytime i feed the baby she wants some. lol i dont know what to do? she has a fit when i tell her no and then i feel bad, even though i feed the baby after the older kids eat dinner. so it's not like she's hungry. ugh what would you do in this situation? should i just tell her no and deal with the tantrum? not only is she stealing food from the baby lol but i dont think its very nutritional for a child that's almost 2.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did that too, until he tried the mixed vegetable.. He spit it out and never asked for brothers food again. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would start making some of the matching foods of the baby food.... if the baby is having sweet potatoes, make sweet potato cubes for your toddler...then you can say this is the baby's "sweet potato" and this is the big girl's sweet potato. Good luck
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree with the PP.

Btw, the baby food IS nutritious for your toddler...they are simply fruits and vegetables that have been pureed with a tiny bit of water.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think because this she know she not the baby no more. What you can do is get yogurt. so when you feed the baby. you or her can feed her the yogurt. If she likes yogurt she might feed herself. I hoped I helped
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• let'em there is no harm in it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would just give it to her. It is nutritious, just fruits and veggies. It's a stage, it will pass. She is probably jealous that you are feeding the baby and wants to be in on it. No harm in giving her some.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• what's wrong with her having a little of it?
    if she needs other food too, then I say give her some of that too.
    think you may be over thinking it a little. She's 2 not 20.
    even then, I know grown men that like baby food!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010