So now my blood pressure is way up...

Among all my other issues. STILL sick. Kidney infections, swellign and head aches now my blood pressure is up and they want me to not go to school full days anymore. I AM seriously thinking of just dropping out unitl the baby is out of me! I don't even go half the time because I feel like crap. My back is killing me!! I HATE being pregnant. Will they let me have the baby early do you think? they said maybe today. I'm 31 weeks. They want to check my BP again in 3 days. 142/85

ClaireWithChild

Asked by ClaireWithChild at 7:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They are going to try and keep your baby in as long as possible. 31 weeks is ENTIRELY too early. They will put you on complete hospital bed rest before they deliver you. Stay well hydrated, get yourself in bed and relax, and try to think positive thoughts. You need to try and make it to at least 34 weeks until you deliver to give your baby the best chance.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 142/85 is borderline high. 140/90 is when they usually put women on meds. Are you on meds? Having any symptoms of pre-eclampsia other than high blood pressure? I was admitted at 33 weeks with 152/112 and they still put me on mag sulfate to keep my blood pressure from going any higher. The only reason I delivered at 34 weeks was because the protein in my urine was way too high. Keep that baby in there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There are going to do this nasty test where I have to save my pee if it is still like that in 3 days. No meds or anything. So you think I have to wait til 39 weeks still like planned... I have an induction date scheduled for 7 days early since my body isn't doing this pregnancy very well. I have had a kidney infection for 3 months straight! And throwing up since like day 1. STILL once or twice a day I throw up. I've only gained 16 pounds. 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks from swelling.
    ClaireWithChild

Comment by ClaireWithChild (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I HAD TO DO THE URINE COLLECTION TEST, YOU WILL SURIVIVE, STAY DOWN ON YOUR LEFT SIDE AND TAKE IT EASY. I DELIVERED MY DAUGHTER AT 36 WEEKS BY INDUCTION.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• BTW SHE'S 11 1/2 NOW......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 8:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The best thing I can tell you to do is drink lots of water. My BP was always really low before I got pregnant and when they decided to induce me it was 130/103. I could always tell when mine was really high b/c my palms would itch, I would get a head ache and I would sometimes see stars and it felt like my eyes were going to pop out. when You get a head ache lay down. Mine would get so high that I would pass out. Just listen to your body and if you think you need to sit then do it. Maybe you could continue your schoolwork at home. It's worth asking about.
    Good luck, Mama!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Ooh, Ginger, mag sucks. Nothing fun about it.
    Claire, hopefully your BP will stabilize. But it sounds like you might be on the road to pre-eclampsia, which you can't control. All you can do it take it easy, and follow your doctor's advice and take the meds.
    If your BP gets too high, they will deliver the baby early. Pre-eclampsia is not to be messed with, and the only "cure" is delivery.
    Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had high blood pressure and swelling when I was pregnant with my son. I was in school at that time also and had to just quit until my son was born. He was born 35 weeks due to placenta abruption via emergency c section. What ever your doctor does tell you to do just listen for yours and your babies health.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 3:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010