How much Vitamin A is too much?

I'm just curious because I am taking it for acne. I want to take a little higher dosage to help me get rid of it, but I don't want to overdo it cuz i know that vitamin A is toxic in larger doses. My tubes have been tied for 2 and half years, so I know about the pregnancy and nursing thing...higher levels are a no no in that case. Anyway to give you a better idea, I take a multi-vitamin which as 2500 IU, primrose oil (3 times a day), and I bought some vitamin A which is 8,000 IU. I just don't know how much is too much. Help!

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 7:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• When it is oozing out of your pores i would say that is too much
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I found this on a website about vitamins:

The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) of vitamin A for men over 18 is 900 mcg (3000 IU) and for women it's 700 mcg (2,310 IU). This calculation should include all sources of retinol, including foods such as liver, dietary supplements such as multivitamins, cod liver oil, and vitamin A supplements, and fortified foods such as cereal. The upper limit for retinol is 3000 mcg (10000) IU per day.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010