my son is gaining a pound a week! was wondering if anyone had any comments on how much weight is to much?

he is breast feed only and the dr says its fine but i have two friends that have kids within a mont and two monts older than him and he is already almost heaver than the one that is two monts older than him lol is he just a fast grower or a tubby butt

ZaynesMommy827

Asked by ZaynesMommy827 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long is ur doctor is okay then Id be okay with w/e he weighs. my cousins daughter is 14lb @ 7mos....my son was that much at 4mos. But he spent all that time being tubby and w/e that he learned to crawl early and walk early and now he's 22lbs @11mos. He went from the mid 80percentile to the 42nd.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my dd gained about that a week when she was litlle she was bf only also she ended up about a head taller than her cousin that is 2 months older lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Breastfed babies tend to gain quickly early on and then level out. My 2nd was gaining a lb a week for the first month (from 6 to 10lbs), then he was 16lbs at 5 months, and 23lbs at nearly 18 months. It's normal. Some babies are also just bigger and some are just smaller.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 9:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• He is probably growing just the way he needs to! The one thing you might do is check out and see if you have any other symptoms of an oversupply. Take a look at http://www.llli.org/FAQ/oversupply.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2010