Funny thought-

I was at a fabric store a while back where they let you cut your own fabric. There are signs all over the store stating that fact.
I take a while at the table figuring out everything I need, how much and all that.

they women came up next to me and just stood there.
after a while they started clearing their throats with a "a-hem!"
I didn't even notice them for a while, after a bit I wondered why they were just standing there when other cutting tables were available.
so I got my fabric all cut, put it in the cart and started walking away.
"aren't you going to cut OUR fabric!?"
I just smiled and said "wasn't planning on it!"
"how are we supposed to get it cut!?"
I told them that if they needed help, they should talk to someone at the register, or one of the other women with pins on. Ie- that work there.
they just looked appalled and shouted that they were going to speak to the store manager about me!
cont-

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had a woman yell at me that I shouldn't be "using my mother's handicapped parking placard" ( I have been handicapped since I was 14 and a PE teacher dropped me on my head and I broke my neck. I look OK, but have alot of health and mobility issues.) So, I responded," Looks are decieving." and continued to walk into the store. She then followed me yelling,"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!" So, I calmly turned back and said,"Well, at first glance I would have thought you were a nice person." Everyone in front of the store started laughing, she turned beet red and stormed off to her car.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Some people are just ignorant or cant read. LOL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• LOL! That's funny! Were you wearing a similar color that the workers were wearing? I swear somedays I look like a professional shopper, b/c even when I'm not wearing similar clothing to the store employees, strangers will approach me to ask if I know where certain items can be found in the store. Haven't hd a complaint yet! (at least not that I know of :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• laughingthat happened to me at a clothing store,Maurices,when I was a teen. i was looking thru the rack for my size and this woman comes up and asks me if that shirt came in a large. i shrugged and handed her the shirt. She stood there and said,"well is anyone going to give me a number so I can go try it on?" I told her I dunno,go ask a clerk. She went off in a huff and i was like WTH? She was up at the counter bitching away that I refused to help her. I have no idea why she thought i worked there. I was standing there in my winter coat!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I spend so much time at the grocery store that I've stopped telling people who ask for help that I don't work there. I just tell them what aisle they should be looking in.

Sigh - I have no life...
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I just said "OK, that is your choice madam."
    and I kind of stood around there to watch, thinking that I wasn't going to miss this!
    they went up and yelled at the manager
    "we stood there for a good 15 minutes waiting for that woman to cut our fabric! she didn't even acknowledge us!"
    "that woman doen't work here, she's a customer!"
    after it was all explained to them, instead of getting embarrased and maybe even appologizing, these morons kept yelling about how they waited all that time.
    Like it's MY fault they're that dumb.
    then they ranted about how I was rude- not really, but I think they had lost their logic
    "see! she's standing there laughing at us!!!"
    you bet I was! I'd had a injured arm at the time and that was the best time I'd had in weeks!
    The manager just apologized and said that they can't control what another customer does.
    who can figure out some people?
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• What store makes you cut your own fabric? That is crazy. Those women were stupid.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• LOL I LOVE IT!! LOL you got a BUMP!
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I've never been to a self service fabric store!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2010