My kids teacher picked me as a chaperone for field trip.

but one day before field trip she called me she is taking a differnt mom with no reason.
I hurt my kids feeling. He has been so excited to go with me.
What would you do if you are me?

Omocha

Asked by Omocha at 7:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would call and see if there is a reason why she changed. I know at our school you have to have a Cori check done and if you don't then you are not allowed to help at the school. If you don't get an answer from the teacher I would call the principle. Also, if you have a letter from the teacher saying you can chaperone then I would bring that in with you.

Also, if you can go and you would like to go I would check with the school and see if you can bring your own car and meet them there.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Definitely ask for an explanation. Tell her how excited your child is (which she should know anyway). Ask if two moms can go because it is such short notice. Is it too late to go now?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• sometimes you can still go. just ask just cuz they are a chaperone doesn't mean you can't go most times as long as you have the right paperwork filled out. and maybe talk to her and tell her don't tell me and get me and my kids excited about going and change at the last minute if something changes i am still going
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 7:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That's not cool. I'd call and explain that your child was all ready for you to attend, and you still want to go. I'd never do that to a parent.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010