TTC: I cant fig out my ovulation,

my three last periods were sept 28th.and august 30,july29.........got my paraguard removed august 18th, started following my cycles in july,they last 4to5 days bout only two are heavy....i get severe breast tenderness around the 12th each month,not much changes ever in my cervical position.or fluids.i used a pak of fertility sticks used on sep 12,15, 16,17,19, and oct 5 all negative...have been timing intercourse with evryother day startin on the 7th in september to the 20 th no luck,so started again in october..this time w out the sticks.....

coolestchic1

Asked by coolestchic1 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to www.fertilityfriend.com its an ovulation charting site. You take your temp every morning, then check your cervical mucus and it tracks it for you. Good luck!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• thx and yes i have like four of those sites including that one on my phone they all say between 9th and 15th but it didnt work last month and im just worried i have had a few issues w cysts in ovaries, and am so impatient and ready to do this my two girls were a suprise at 19 and 23..i was young unprepared and their dad was not to inthused w the whole thing and now im w my bf for three years who is a complete super man in our lives and he is ready willing excited and involved and i am just ready
    coolestchic1

Comment by coolestchic1 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'd go over to this information with your doctor and see what he/she has to say about it. He/She might suggest putting you on medicine to regulate.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• In order for OPKs to be helpful, you have to take them every day; some people have to take them every 12 hours instead of 24 in order to get a positive. If you take them too far apart, your LH peak (indicating your body is preparing for ovulation) could be missed completely, even though you are, in fact, ovulating.

The best thing to do is to start charting, especially basal body temperature. That's the only thing that will tell you for sure whether you are actually ovulating or not (though you'll still have to rely on cervical mucus/position and/or OPKs to tell you when you're going to ovulated). It can take a few months to detect a pattern.

Also keep in mind that it takes a perfectly healthy, fertile couple an average of 3-4 months to conceive, since your chances are only about 25-33% each cycle, even with perfect timing. Try not to get too frustrated yet. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2010