By my u/s my doctor and dates said I concieved on the 9th of July.. could i have concieved on the 26th of June?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me! Lol My first son. My period was June 19th, I conceived July 3rd and my EDD was March 26th. Then my ultrasound said he was due April 16th. I told her it might say that but he must just be small because I was definitely already pregnant. And she said.. And I quote, "Alright well lets pretend you had a period in July." OMG pretend? Really? I changed doctors, because she was a fool. Anyways, he was born Mach 16th. Which going by their due date made him a preemie. The doctor said well he might come out not breathing, or blue, and not breastfeed right away.. Yada yada.. He came out pink, crying and was breastfeeding the minute he was put to my chest. He was 6 lbs 9 oz, 20 inches long, seems to me like he was full term..
    Their machines aren't always so accurate.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No doctor can tell you when you conceived. All doctors chart where you are at in your pregnancy by your last menstrual period because there is no way they can tell you the exact date you concieved. Every woman ovulates at different times. I ovulate early...hense why we accidentally became pregnant:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• YES U COULD HAVE
    CEPHIRA

Answer by CEPHIRA at 8:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sperm lives in the womb 3-5days
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You definitely could have.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• In optimum conditions sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days. Your baby could just be growing smaller or larger then predicted. If you are wondering when you conceived because of questions of Paternity then i would strongly recommend a dna test
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010