Keep Your Bedroom Private...Please

I am not in a position to judge what goes on in your bedroom. I am a terribly flawed human, and have my hands full getting my own behavior in line with my beliefs. But I must ask this, when did it become the norm to advertise what you do in your bedroom? (and that includes with whom). People are suddenly outraged that people do not "approve" of their sexual proclivities. My question is, why is it anyone's business? I know the rhetoric....but really....I don't expect anyone to care what I do in private....why does anyone want to advertise what they do? I would love it if other people's bedrooms were not in my face...but then, I wish that I lived in a more gentile society all around.

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 8:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I just don't want to know....that's pretty much my reason. No one else needs to know.You aren't any cooler for telling people of your bedroom romps
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm still trying to figure out how my bedroom is in your face. You're not in my bedroom.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm not trying to bash or w/e you wanna call it but if you don't wanna read about it or w/e then don't I mean most of the things talking about that stuff have the little sign beside then or say TMI or have what its about in the title right ? I'm all for a more gentile society but I think you should be able enough to pick and choose what you read and look at and listen to right ? still not trying to be mean or a b**** but it's my honest opinion
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• are you talking about on this site or in general?
    Best I can say is that it's nice to wish for things, but the world usually doesn't revolve around what any one wants.
    I wish I had a 19 inch waist, but that has no baring on whether or not I'll get it.
    So you can keep your bedroom activities private, but others really don't have to.
    you can't control others.

but I do hope that one way or another you find what you are looking for.
    Good luck with that.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I know what you are talking about. I agree.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i don't think my bedroom is in your face...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thank you! It's none of my business what goes on in anyone else's bedroom and they have no business knowing what goes on in mine. It should stay that way.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Personally, i think that if you have a great relationship with your DH/SO then its good to advertise it....it shows people that it can be done...no one is FORCING you to read the posts about sex...but, having said that, you have just as much right to complain as they have to brag, although it does come off kind of angry and negative.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Good luck with that, lol. Just because you said please doesn't mean its gonna happen. Just avoid the cautioned questions.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Maybe people just want to assure themselves that others do the same thing. Some men tell women "all women do this" when they don't but the guy wants it. Then when she complies and thinks she is caring for her man like other women care for their's she may want moral support that what she does is normal.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010