How off are calculated conceived dates if ultrasound measurments are correct?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Doctors CANNOT tell you when you concieved. They can only tell you how far along you are by either your last menstrual period or a guestimate from an ultrasound based on the development of the baby.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Not sure, but I'm thinking they can be up to two weeks off.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Im not sure what the statistics are, but mine was dead on. We only had sex once and i got pregnant and the ultrasound had calculated that i got pregnant the day after we had unprotected sex. It was right for me.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's all an estimate. The kept telling us that we were due Aug 28, both by my periods (which have always been super irregular) and by the u/s. However, we had been tracking my ovulation, and if we conceived when we think we did, I was due August 18. He was born Aug 24, and everyone said he looked overdue (not a lot of vernix- the waxy stuff, long fingernails, etc). I still think we were right.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010